Comforter Sizing Guide
Plumeria Bay® Comforters
to fit modern mattresses. Dimensions are stated width first, then length.
For example our King/Cal King Size down comforter is 108" wide
by 94" long
- German Size: 54" x 78" For individual sleepers (for example, a couple that uses 2 different warmth duvets on the same bed).
- Twin: 72" x 88" For Twin Size 38"x75" and Extra Long Twin 39"x80" beds.
- Queen: 90" x 94" For Queen Size 60"x80" beds.
- Super Queen: 100" x 100" For Queen Size Beds with extra deep or pillow top mattresses.
- King: 108" x 94" For King or Eastern King Size 76"x80" beds.
- California King : 108" x 94" For California King Size 72"x84" beds.
- Super King: 114" x 100" For King Size and California King beds with extra deep or pillow
Shop All Comforters by Size
The above down comforter dimensions are before filling with down. After filling
the fabric will "pull up" 1 inch to 3 inches, more or less, depending on how
much down is used in the comforter.
Fitting your down comforter with a duvet cover: It's important to
remember that the size of the duvet cover will determine how much "hang" you
have over the sides of your bed. A good rule of thumb when fitting a duvet
cover with a down comforter is to use a duvet cover that is the same size as your comforter
or smaller (2" to 4"). A smaller duvet cover has the advantage of a nice snug fit, keeping
the comforter from swimming around, while enhancing the loft of your comforter.
Down comforters are very
fluid and will fit into a duvet cover that is several inches smaller without "bunching" up
What's the difference
between a Duvet and a Duvet Cover?
Need a Custom Size Comforter?