Comforter Sizing Guide
Down Comforter Sizes
Can vary widely from manufacturer to manufacturer. Plumeria Bay® down comforters have been carefully sized (just a bit larger than the duvet cover is ideal) to fit most of the quality duvet covers made today, including all of those offered on our web site, as well as all standard depth and extra deep pillow top mattresses.
When laying on the bed, our regular sizes (Twin, Queen, King) will hang about 15" over the sides and foot of the bed. When one or two people get into the bed, the comforter will be pulled up to settle around the sleepers without hanging and dragging (causing a feeling of weight), over the side of the bed. Our Super sizes (Super Queen & Super King) are for people that wish to cover their extra deep (up to 19") mattresses.
Plumeria Bay® Comforter Sizes*:
- German Size: 54" x 78" For individual sleepers (for example, a couple that uses 2 different warmth duvets on the same bed).
- Twin: 72" x 88" For Twin Size 38"x75" and Extra Long Twin 39"x80" beds.
- Queen: 90" x 94" For Queen Size 60"x80" beds.
- Super Queen: 100" x 100" For Queen Size Beds with extra deep or pillow top mattresses.
- King: 108" x 94" For King or Eastern King Size 76"x80" beds.
- California King : 108" x 94" For California King Size 72"x84" beds.
- Super King: 114" x 100" For King Size and California King beds with extra deep or pillow
*Comforter Dimensions are stated width first, then length.
For example our King/Cal King Size down comforter is 108" wide by 94" long.
The above down comforter dimensions are approximate and may vary slightly depending on how
much down is used in the comforter.
Fitting your down comforter with a duvet cover: It's important to
remember that the size of the duvet cover will determine how much "hang" you
have over the sides of your bed. A good rule of thumb when fitting a duvet
cover with a down comforter is to use a duvet cover that is the same size as your comforter
or smaller (we prefer about 2" smaller, more or less). A smaller duvet cover has the advantage of a nice snug fit, keeping
the comforter from swimming around, while enhancing the loft of your comforter.
Down comforters are very
fluid and will fit into a duvet cover that is several inches smaller without "bunching" up
Shop All Comforters by Size
What's the difference
between a Duvet and a Duvet Cover?
Need a Custom Size Comforter?